Peach and Quark Almond Tart (Gluten Free)
A super simple almond crust tart with a no-bake quark filling, topped with peaches and finished with a honey glaze
Prep time: 25 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
For the Crust: 2.5 cups almond meal, 5 tablespoons melted butter, 2.5 tbspns sugar, 1 egg white, 1/4 tspn salt
For the Filling: 180 g quark drained overnight in a cloth to thicken, 1/2 cup cream, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste, 1/4 tsp almond extract, 3 peaches sliced, 2 tbspns honey, 3/4 tspn almond extract
For the Crust:
- Grease a tin. I used a tin that is 36 x 13 cm and this was a perfect fit for the ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius. And don’t use the fan if you have a fan-forced oven – the crust will darken very quickly (as I found out the hard way!)
- Combine all crust ingredients in a bowl using a fork
- Press into the bottom and sides of the tart pan.
- Bake for somewhere between 12 and 15 minutes until just beginning to brown around the edges. Cool completely.
For the Filling
- Whip the cream until soft peaks begin to form.
- Gradually add in half the sugar.
- Add the quark, remaining sugar, vanilla bean paste, and almond extract.
- Fill the cooled tart crust with the quark mixture.
- Top with sliced peaches.
- Combine the honey and amaretto or almond extract, and brush over the peaches.
Recipe adapted from Baking a Moment