Quark and almond tart, easy and completely delish!
250g Quark soft cheese
4 eggs, separated
1 tsp almond extract
175g caster sugar
250g almond meal
Finely grated rind of 1 lime
1/4 cup flaked almonds
Icing sugar to dust
Log in to add to My Shopping List
1. Preheat the oven to 150C.
2. Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm loose bottom cake tin.
3. Beat together the ricotta, egg yolks, almond extract and sugar in an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in the almond meal and lime zest.
4. Whisk the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks. Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the ricotta mixture to loosen, then fold in the remaining. Spread into the tin and bake for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with the almonds and bake for a further 10 minutes until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
5. Cool slightly, then turn on to a wire rack. Cool completely then dust with icing sugar to serve.